Thursday, October 26, 2006

ANOTHER FIRST FOR ME!

Well yesterday was just another day at work until I got STUCK in the elevator... Yeah I spent 25 min. in a little metal box stuck between the 2nd and 3rd floor! Pretty crazy, I was taking two coolers of blood to the 4th floor when the elevator stopped, I thought I was at the 4th floor but the doors didn't open. The floor indicator said 2^ I pushed some buttons and nothing worked. This is strange I thought to myself... well I pushed the call button and it connect me to security so I told the guard that I was stuck... He said Ok I will call someone! I really regret not having my PSP with me because I could have played some golf while I was waiting, but instead I just sat on the blood coolers and whistled. After about 15min. They opened the doors on the 3rd floor and told me to sit tight, I gave them the blood coolers because they did need to get to the 4th floor and then I waited. After 10 min. they said just climb out, it's broke. Before I did I asked the elevator guy if he had ever seen the movie Speed when the lady is half in and half out and the elevator breaks loose... not pretty(she gets chopped in half) well he said no, it's safe, so I boosted myself out the third floor hatch. The nice thing was that I was still on the clock so at least I got paid some overtime!
When the elevator guy(His name Pete, yeah ironic!) opened the doors the first time he said he had never seen anyone so calm in a stuck elevator as I was still sitting on my blood coolers just smiling. What elses are you gonna do, and now I got a good story for my blog!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great story for your blog! I would have freaked out...I think I have a bit of fear in enclosed places. Glad you were safe and even earned a bit of overtime. Thanks for sharing!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Speed comment cracked me up. I think I would have gone a little batty being stuck in a small space.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home