Tuesday, April 22, 2008

IT"S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

I think the "Tech" age has brought us all much closer together, or at least given us the ability to see how close we already were(I know that is deep). I have had some crazy mixes of my worlds lately. Let me explain...I have all these little worlds around me, we all do, and they make up sections of people in our lives. Almost always when those two worlds collide, it's just strange. Here is an example.

I went to school here in South Bend at a tiny little private school with a graduating class of 21 then I went to college in a little town in New York at a little school of about 450. One day I run into one of my 21 classmates and she tells me that she is married, and then tells me who she married. It was a guy from my school in New York...What?

The other day I got on facebook and see that one of my friends is dating another one of my friends, ok that is normal, but one of those people I know from my Rock and Roll era, because he was in another band we played a lot of shows with. The girl he is seeing I knew through her brother who I was real good friends with in high school and yes one of the 21 people I graduated with...What?

One more! My wonderful wife is playing softball this summer and after the first practice she comes home and tells me that she met some people on her new team that know me...Yes, one of them being a girl that was in my class of 21 in high school...What?

It's kinda nice to know that it's a small world after all!

2 Comments:

Blogger stephen said...

Don't have as cool of stories as yours but I do have some similar ones. Glad to see you back on blogger.

Stephen

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are blogging again! Keep it up!!! Mom

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home