Wednesday, February 28, 2007

MY BIRTHDAY CAME EARLY!


Yesterday was quite a day! The highlight was me getting some of those Bose Quiet Comfort headphones for free! It has a story behind it so here goes... As I have said before I love listening to The John Williams Show and I like to be involved in whats going on, so last week I e-mailed him a suggestion to "mix up" his Tuesday's Fun 30 segment!(Fun 30 is just a cool game like thing he does everyday at 5:30, he changes it up for every day of the week) I didn't hear back from him right away so I thought maybe he didn't like the idea of changing his show...fast forward to this Tues. John reads my e-mail on the air and I heard it, and well I felt like he left out my whole point of listener interaction! So I decided to pick up the phone and call John and clear all this up. I got through and told the producer that I wrote the e-mail that John just read, and want to clear up any confusion it caused...so he puts me on with John! I told him I wasn't trying to cause trouble I just think that more listener interaction needs to happen on his Tuesday's fun 30. I told him it is a great opportunity to have someone call in and win some prizes. He said something about winning some heartland steaks(one of the prizes) and I said the prize I want to win are those Bose Headphones you give away! His response is... I am gonna do 2 things for you Pete... 1st I am gonna look at what we can do to get some listener interaction on Tues. and 2nd I am gonna send you a pair of those Quiet Comfort Headphones! I think I said "No way" or something like that but I can't recall due to the excitement!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! You were live on the air and got the headphones you had been wanting for a long time now. Good for you!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

Lynette

3:48 PM  
Blogger Penguin said...

That is so cool Pete!! I have always wondered if those headphones work as well as the ads say!! Way to go!!

Aunt Becky :-)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home